Fine Arts and Flowers at the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts in Richmond is just around the corner on October 13 – October 17.
· FLORAL INTERPRETATIONS – 70 floral interpretations of VMFA art
· Gems of the East GALA – Look for the elephant.
· JEWELRY, uniquely designed and hand-crafted
· GUEST SPEAKERS – Hitomi Gilliam and Rene van Rems, international floral designers, will demonstrate their talents; Allan Armitage, the world’s foremost horticulturist will discuss crazy plants; and Bryan Rafanelli, Chelsea Clinton’s wedding planner, will tell you how to plan your next event.
· LUNCHEONS include a main course, dessert, wine, coffee/tea and models wearing jewelry from the Jewelry Fair. (Note: Lunch in the Best Café and Amuse may be difficult due to the anticipated number of visitors.)
· FLOWERS AFTER HOURS – Join the after work crowd for wine, music by Susan Greenbaum, flowers and small plates.
· FLOWERS AND FASHIONS – 3-course luncheon features a judged fashion show with lots door prizes!
General admissions are free. Tickets are required for programs and events. For more information about the schedule, directions to the museum, or to purchase tickets online, please click here or call 804-340-1405.
Ann Hohenberger, The Garden Club of Gloucester